(miami / dade county)
270 Biscayne Blvd Way
To oversee and direct the seamless running of the bar department, by providing a highly efficient and effective service while ensuring that all financial and statutory requirements are met, and supporting the delivery of outstanding customer service. Management of bar staff to include interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, promoting, performance evaluations, disciplining, and termination. Assume full accountability for the bar staff, stock and profitability.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Management and oversight of recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, supervision of employees and overall performance and development.
· Appraising employee’s overall productivity and efficiency for recommendations for promotions, performance evaluations, disciplining and/or terminations.
· Effectively oversee and direct the bar in a smooth and operational manner
· Upholds the bar’s standards, quality and procedures are adhered to by employees.
· Being the “Example” at all times that the staff witnesses, and knowing that a much greater response from the staff is achieved by leading the way and not directing the way. Instill a culture of pride and ownership.
· Provide friendly, courteous, professional, quick and efficient service and coach bar staff to follow same.
· To recognize and build a good rapport with regular customers and high spending customers
· To ensure the bar’s operational budgets are strictly adhered to, all costs are controlled and any expenditure approved.
· Support the implementation and measurement of revenue generating initiatives, staff incentives and sales opportunities. To ensure all up selling opportunities are maximized within the bar department and communicated to the service team.
· Being able to assist staff with guest service, bar cleanliness and stocking of product.
· To direct the setting up of the bar, ensuring all necessary work is completed prior to the commencement of service.
· Guest safety is of primary importance and communicated to the bar staff.
· To ensure all bar lists are current and up to date and communicated to management and staff.
· Be fully competent on FnB Shop (ordering, receiving, invoices)
· To ensure that all bar equipment is maintained to operating specifications and to complete weekly maintenance lists where necessary
· Adhering to and maintaining cleaning checklists and side work
· To be aware of all relevant suppliers and their products and order accordingly as and when necessary due to business demand
· To prepare department budgets or re-forecast, as requested by the General Manager
· Holding departmental meetings on a regular basis to discuss current issues and events
· To maintain good working relationships with colleagues and all other departments and liaison with Human Resources and the General Manager with staff or colleague issues
· Ensure customer request and feedback, both verbal and written are responded to promptly and efficiently
· To abide by all federal, state and local labor, liquor, health and safety laws
· To have a complete understanding of the restaurant’s policy relating to Fire, Hygiene and Safety; including staff training and adherence by all.
· To have a complete understanding of the restaurant’s employee handbook and adhere to the regulations contained within it.
· To develop an open culture of communication, both formal and informal and encourage employee involvement
compensation: Competitive salary Plus Bonus
employment type: full-time
job title: Bar Manager