Marquardt Dr near Chaddick
About A-1 Contractors:
A-1 Contractors is a concrete, natural stone, and brick paving company that has been in business since 1989. We believe in hiring employees that show value, integrity, and commitment in order to enhance our customer experience through quality work and great customer service. We are looking for team members that will enhance our working environment with a positive attitude and dedication.
• Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles and equipment; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
• Maintains vehicle and equipment functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
• Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
• Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
• Maintains vehicle and equipment appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
• Maintains vehicle and equipment records by recording service and repairs.
• Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
• Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
• Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
• Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Transporting and hauling of materials and equipment as needed
• Keeping work area and tools clean and organized at all times.
• Operation of diverse pieces of equipment (semis, dump trucks, skid steer loaders, front end loaders, etc.)
• Assist as needed on job sites per foreman’s instruction.
Truck and Equipment Mechanic/ CDL Driver Skills and Qualifications:
• Lifting, Energy Level, Dependability, Persistence, Time Management, Attendance, Independence, Safety Management, Problem Solving, Dealing with Complexity, Analyzing Information, Teamwork
• Class A CDL Required
• Experience with steel fabrication, equipment and vehicle repair, and equipment operation.
Pay commensurate with experience
compensation: Pay commensurate with experience
employment type: full-time
job title: Truck and Equipment Mechanic/ CDL Driver