We are looking for the following position:
Shipping/Receiving Clerk’s Duties and Responsibilities:
• Determines method of shipment with our carriers
• Receives merchandise – checks and signs delivery slips, and assists with unloading as necessary
• Inspects and verifies incoming goods against invoices or other documents, records shortages and rejects damaged goods
• Accepts or returns merchandise according to established company procedures.
• Organizes distribution and shipping of merchandise. Makes necessary verifications against documents, unpacks and routes goods to appropriate storage areas. Handles customer pick-ups.
• May operate forklift, hand truck or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods
• Maintains internal record-keeping systems
• Contacts resource people for various information.
• Assembles containers and crates, packs goods to be shipped and prepares identifying information and shipping instructions
• Knows proper shipping procedures for transportation of dangerous goods
• Takes inventory, maintains storage area, organizes and places stock on shelves. Ensures area is secure at all times.
Monday-Friday 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Benefits are included after probation.
Must have clean background.
Were located in Fort Lauderdale near Oakland Park Blvd and I-95.
compensation: Starting Compensation $13-$15 Depending on Experience
employment type: full-time
job title: Shipping/Receiving Clerk Job – Full Time