(los angeles: central LA 213/323)
Beacon Hill is working with an esteemed global law firm on a Sr. Human Resources Generalist position. Interested candidates should reply to this posting with a resume; those that are selected for next steps in our process will be contacted by a recruiter. We look forward to hearing from you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Human Resources Manager and Director, Human Resources with the firmwide employee relations function.
- Conducts investigations, tracks, prepares and delivers performance warnings/improvement plans.
- Acts as point of contact for HR questions, including immigration questions, monitoring the HR mailbox and participating in designated HR office hours.
- Maintain employee handbook updates; conduct research using internal and external resources to ensure compliance with employment laws.
- Responsible for certain aspects of employee onboarding, including verifying the Form I-9 and back-up for orientation.
- Assist with separation and release agreement process, including preparing agreements, contacting outplacement services, preparing separation payments, and coordination with security, IT, facilities and finance.
- Responsible for staff off-boarding process, including processing the departure in Workday, sending departure information, conducting exit interviews; acts as back-up for attorney exit meetings.
- Maintain teambuilding budget and tracks Palo Alto staff and attorney expenses.
- Assist in staff and attorney evaluation process.
- Organize check-in meeting with managers to discuss employee relations matters.
- Create and update job descriptions; maintain the job description database.
- Respond to unemployment claims.
- Approve one-time payments in Workday.
- Process annual Member promotions in Workday.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Exhibit proficiency in Workday, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, ViDesktop, DocuSign, and other Firm software.
- 4+ years previous Human Resources, Employee Relations and HRIS experience.
- College degree preferred.
- Previous law firm experience or general office experience preferred.
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Life Sciences and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future (TM)
compensation: $115000 – $125000 per year
employment type: full-time