5736 NE 33RD
OPEN HIRING EVENT AT MCMENAMINS KENNEDY SCHOOL!
When: Saturday, May 21st: 1pm – 4pm
Where: McMenamins Kennedy School – Gymnasium
5736 NE 33rd Ave., Portland, OR 97211
Why: We Are Hiring for a Variety of Positions…
• FOH Hourly Assistant Managers (AAM)
• Hosts / Food Runners
• Catering Captains (21+)
• Catering Servers
• Housekeeping Staff
• Security (must be willing to obtain DPSST certification)
• Line Cooks
• Breakfast Line Cooks
• Catering Cooks
*$1000 Hiring Bonus for all Cooking positions after 90 days of successful employment!*
Positions subject to change. An updated list of current openings will be available the day of the event.
How: Come on down, fill out an application, and interview on the spot! We recommend bringing your own pen and hard writing surface.
McMenamins is a family-owned company in Oregon and Washington serving our own handcrafted beer, wine, cider, spirits and coffee alongside good, honest pub fare. Locations range from neighborhood pubs to historic hotels. We emphasize community, art, history, music, food, drink and fun. McMenamins has seasonal, as well as long-term career opportunities! We value Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and welcome individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Benefits We Offer:
• Perks and employee discounts: $45 hotel rooms, 40% off bottles of wine, access to concerts, happy hour beverage pricing all day, 40% off McMenamins apparel, 25% off McMenamins 16-oz canned beer, and more
• Comprehensive insurance benefits package, including vision, medical, dental, vision, chiro and alternative care to eligible employees
• 401(K) plan with employer contribution to eligible employees
• Paid time off (PTO)
• Neighborhood pubs and hotels with opportunities to work at other locations like our winery or Edgefield concerts
• Belief in a work/life balance
• Be part of a fun team and positive work environment
• Multiple career path opportunities – we have staff who have gone from front desk attendants to sales associates; from server to manager and many other continuing stories within McMenamins
Qualified applicants must:
• Have a willingness to learn
• Enjoy working in a busy customer service-oriented environment
• Previous experience is preferred, but we are willing to train
• Resurrection of historic buildings and properties in large and small Northwest communities
• Giving back financially to local schools and non-profits near each location
• Helping other local businesses grow with collaborative products
• Our pubs and hotel properties are places for all to gather, relax, converse, and create a strong foundation for the fabric that makes up a neighborhood
Preference will be given to applicants with open and flexible schedules, with availability to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Previous experience is a plus, as well as a love of working in a busy, customer service-oriented environment. E.O.E.
Can’t make the hiring call? Visit our website HERE to sort by location and apply online.
Hope to see you Saturday, May 21st any time between 1pm – 4pm!
compensation: Based on Experience
employment type: employee's choice
job title: Multiple positions