Who We Are:
Established in 1990, Airstream Heating & Air Conditioning has formed a reputation of providing excellent service at a great value. Since then, the company has grown from 3 employees to over 40 dedicated professionals in both the office and field. There are two areas of expertise that make up Airstream’s core competencies. The first being our Construction Department where our experienced team of installers and project managers bring everything from bid-spec to design-build projects to life. The second being our Service Department comprising of a team of talented technician’s responsible for maintaining, replacing, and servicing the HVAC equipment of our loyal customers.
With both these dynamic and ever-expanding departments driving large volumes of work, we are looking to expand our team. Airstream is looking for a full-time Refrigeration Technician.
Who You Are:
Do you enjoy working with your hands?
Do you enjoy interacting and helping people regularly?
Would you describe yourself as reliable and a team player?
The ideal candidate is a passionate self-motivated team player that is technically strong, reliable, with strong communication skills. This person is interested in activities that require mechanical aptitude, time management, job training, being detail orientated, and attention to safety.
• Coordinating with dispatch, customers and stakeholders while delivering a high level of customer service
• Diagnosing HVAC and refrigeration issues in commercial applications
• Order and install necessary parts and materials
• Prepare and set up work areas per WorkSafe regulations
• Maintain working knowledge of environmental and safety regulations
• Post-secondary education in Refrigeration
• Preference given to candidates with at least 3-4 years of industry experience
• Valid BC Class 5 driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Strong work ethic and mechanical aptitude
• Team player with a self-starter attitude and the ability to act independently in a tactful manner at all levels of a company
• Strong problem solving skills
This is a permanent role for the right candidate. We offer a competitive wage that aligns with your experience level. After a 3-Month probationary period Airstream offers additional compensation such as group RRSP, and extended health care benefits. Airstream operates Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm however working hours could vary depending on the work available and client scheduling.
Please reply with a resume. We would like to thank all applicants in advance; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Phone calls will not be accepted.
You may also submit your resume direct to us by going to www.airstreamheating.com and clicking the Employment Opportunities pages.
compensation: Compensation based on Experience
employment type: full-time
job title: Refrigeration Mechanic