2700 Freeway Blvd Ste 200
Bizzy Coffee is on a mission to create the highest quality cold brew coffee and coffee products in the world. We are the #1 Cold Brew Coffee on Amazon and are sold in all 50 states through the internet and grocery stores. Our goal is to create the best working environment for our staff and give the best customer service possible. As a small and growing business, we value people who are willing to learn and grow with the company – and most importantly have a passion for our products, customers, and fellow staff. We pride ourselves in making sure everyone enjoys coming to work and has unlimited coffee at all times.
About Bizzy Coffee
Bizzy Coffee is a nationally distributed cold brew coffee brand on a mission to BE THE BEST. Founders Alex and Andrew started the company in 2015 after being fed up paying $5 for a cup of cold brew from their local coffee shop. Fast forward 7-years, Bizzy Coffee is Amazon’s #1 selling brand of cold brew coffee, is sold in grocery stores from coast to coast, and proudly employs over 35 Bizzy People.
About The Role
We're looking for a Quality Manager who is passionate about all things quality, regulatory, and compliance! The Quality Manager will report to the VP of OPS and be a vital part of growing Bizzy from a small manufacturer to a national powerhouse.
This position is responsible for developing and managing the plant quality assurance environments to meet/exceed all regulatory and Food Safety/Quality requirements, customer expectations, and compliance to all GFSI standards as well as lead all Research and Development efforts.
This position will provide leadership to develop initiatives to improve plant performance against Bizzy quality measures resulting in reduced non-conforming product/customer complaints and leading/supporting continuous improvement activities.
The position will actively manage and mentor Quality Assurance personnel, and act as the primary liaison with customers and external regulatory agencies.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Provide proactive guidance to assure that adequate controls, programs, and organizational structure is in place to comply with all Food Safety, Regulatory, customer, and GFSI requirements.
- Design, implement, and verify that adequate analytical testing and procedures are executed to provide statistically significant results for the safe manufacture of products.
- Ensure that a robust training program is implemented to include GFSI requirements, Food Safety, and Quality Programs.
- Provide technical expertise to all departments around quality and food safety, continuous process improvement, and product development.
- Provide oversight, guidance, and appropriate programs for all product/equipment commercialization.
- Primary Plant contact for all regulatory agencies and customers.
- Responsible person for all plant audits.
- Develop, implement, and maintain Food Safety and Quality SOP’s, Food Safety Plan/HACCP, GMP’s, pest control, allergen control, Good Laboratory Practices, Traceability, Recall, as well as other food safety/quality programs as applicable.
- Accountable for disposition of HELD product, as well as compliance to the Control on Non-Conforming Program.
- Coordinate resolution of all quality management issues; this includes reporting on KPI's, corrective action plans, analytical/microbiological issues, and held inventory disposition.
- Provide subject matter expertise in Corrective Action and Preventive Action (CAPA) activities.
- Use data to drive statistical process control (SPC) and process capability improvements.
- Responsible for evaluation and resolution of customer product quality issues.
- Ensure all quality related information required for regulatory reviews and reporting is maintained by the plant.
- Follow all Safety Programs and lead by example.
- All other duties, as assigned.
- Directly manages employees in the QA department.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of all QA staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Food Science/Food Technology, or related field.
- 5 years of experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 3 years in a QA Manager role.
• Health, dental, and vision coverage
• 401k Retirement Plan
• Work from home flexibility
• Unlimited cold brew coffee
• Paid time off
We are looking forward to receiving your application. Thank you.
employment type: full-time
job title: Quality Manager