Ahamed Investments (AzizAmalCo Holdings Canada, “AHC”) is an integrated privately-owned company with investments in the real estate and automotive sectors.
We are currently seeking a Property Manager to join our team, who will be responsible for the management of all properties owned by the Company.
What you’ll be doing:
As Property Manager you will have three main responsibilities:
(1) oversee building maintenance and management for a portfolio of commercial and residential properties,
(2) oversee the operations of several multi-family apartments with ability to improve operational performance over time, and
(3) support the company with capital projects on an as needed basis.
Successful candidates will have at least 10 years of combined experience in property/building management and residential management, a deep understanding of policies and procedures, and experience working with a wide range of trades and contractors in the Vancouver Lower Mainland. The best candidates will also bring a focus on customer service and expedient delivery and a respect for environmental health and safety.
● Prepare memos, faxes, email, maintain files, prepare expense reports and other administrative forms, copying, and arranging for courier service and overnight deliveries, as required
● Maintain office clerical, filing and record keeping systems in coordination with accounting
● Coordinate production and ordering of building signage and other exterior
● Maintain trades and contractor contacts and other databases for the company, including rate cards, etc.
● Prepare RFPs when required for larger building maintenance and management projects
● Maintain inventory of office equipment and contact all vendors when maintenance is required on general office equipment
● Coordinate regular inventories of all business property
● Coordinate all vendor-related services at the properties
● Obtain estimates/bids for property repairs; develop procedures and protocols for payments and invoice management with accounting; ensure all trades have vetted, valid contracts
● Generate and track Service Orders, approvals and distribution
● Sort, code and ensure accuracy and compliance with contracts of all property related invoices
● Coordinate and schedule appointments, on-site & off-site meetings and conference calls as required
● Collect and organize all property information in a format for quick reference
● Provide a high level of customer service and urgency to building/property matters that may impact operations
● Work with Finance Manager and CFO to ensure financial reporting and analyses are completed in a timely, accurate and complete fashion
● Support budgeting and provide analyses on variances on key metrics, including rental income, operating expenses, and repairs and maintenance activities
Residential Property Oversight:
● Experience with Yardi Genesis or Yardi Voyager, as well as other rental management services
● Understand dynamics of the rental market, able to upkeep competitive rental rates
● Supervise the activities of Resident Managers for the residential portfolio
● Maintain accurate and timely monthly rent rolls, note exceptions to accounting
● Oversee due diligence on prospective tenants, administer new leases and introductory letters/information and keys, move-ins, move-outs, rent collection procedures, insurance policies, building bylaws, and all other day-to-day operations
● Support response and resolution to tenant complaints in a timely and courteous manner
● Conduct regular site and suite inspections, record exceptions, remind and enforce property bylaws
● Administer all building notices, arrears correspondence, eviction and other notices
● Ensure all leases and tenant files are up to date and maintained meticulously, including tenant information, copies of leases, notes of correspondence and any other records which are applicable for record keeping and accounting support
● Coordinate all building annual operating and special maintenance checklists
● Coordinate trades for painting, gardening, and other aspects of curb appeal, as required
● Coordinate trades for suite turnovers, damage repairs, regular and special maintenance and work orders
● Establish protocols reporting on all aspects of property management including financial status, status of maintenance requests, requests for preventative maintenance, etc.
● Maintain a calendar of expiring leases, manage tenant waitlist, and seek to maximize occupancy
● Oversee rollout and compliance to policies and procedures for managing the portfolio of properties
● Develop annual budgets, including reporting on the financial performance of the properties
● Investigating opportunities to reduce operational costs
● Communicate and work with government agencies as needed.
What we need from you:
● The desire for a full-time salaried position
● Bachelor’s Degree from four-year College or University with five to ten years industry experience/or equivalent combination of education and experience
● Strong working knowledge of property management CRM tools such as Yardi, as well as MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
● The ability to prioritize work and multi-task
● Exceptional people skills and conflict management skills
● Strong working knowledge of general office equipment (copiers, fax machines, scanners)
● The ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with peers, managers and clients
● An ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, be proactive and initiate follow-through
● Access to qualified and dependable trades
● Understanding of the Residential Tenancy Act, and familiarity with the Residential Tenancy Board
If this sounds like you submit your resume to our human resources team today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ahamed Investments. is an equal opportunity employer.
compensation: Competitive salary
employment type: full-time
job title: Property Manager – Ahamed Investments