Professional Medical Writer (Casual, Remote Position)
• Writing and editing Background Summary/Document Review sections of assessment reports
• Completing writing assignments from point-form notes
• Reviewing med-legal, clinical, educational, and vocational records
• Summarizing and interpreting large amounts of non-clinical test results and information
• Proofreading and fact-checking copy
• Applying templates and formatting Word documents
• Using a secure online database to download and upload information
• Routinely meeting deadlines
• Communicating verbally and in writing with other WCPS staff
• Prefer MA or equivalent in English Lit or Communications
• Completion of psychology courses or equivalent work experience in medical or mental health field
• Open to feedback from supervising psychologists with individual writing styles
• Must be a self-starter, highly-organized, and able to reliably meet deadlines
• Experience writing and editing formal psychological or clinical reports is preferred
• Must demonstrate writing with exceptional precision and economy of language
• Current Criminal Record Check is required for the successful applicant
• Must be able to demonstrate current eligibility to work in Canada
• Casual/on-call contractor position
• Work-from-home, set your own hours to meet work deadlines
• Available immediately; start date negotiable
• Starting/training rate of $35/hr
• Supervised by Registered Psychologists
• Please email a resume, cover letter, and writing sample c/o this ad.
• Please do not phone or email the head office regarding this position.
Please note that we only contact those we select for an interview.
About the Company
We are a well-established and respected private practice, proud to provide the highest quality psychological services. Our head office is located in Vancouver, British Columbia but we perform services throughout the province. We are committed to a respectful, collaborative team approach to our workplace.
employment type: contract
job title: Professional Medical Writer