1203 W. Sunset Blvd
The Preventative Maintenance Technician will be part of a responsive team that helps to keep the distribution centers of some of our most valuable customers humming along. This position is available for the quality minded person that has the mechanical skill sets to maintain conveyor systems within industrial automation facilities located in California. The position requires a person that can accommodate a flexible work schedule that may involve traveling several hours to a facility at 3 AM to address an emergency situation.
The prime candidate will have worked with conveyor systems but we will train prospects that have experience with maintenance on other forms of industrial equipment. The candidate will also demonstrate his or her willingness to adhere to the safety requirements mandated by OSHA and company safety policy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Conveyor maintenance including but not limited to greasing, cleaning, repairing and modifying industrial automation equipment.
o Vacuum and blow out conveyor bed frames using a compressed air gun.
o Wipe down motors, bearings, shafts and interior guards.
o Align chains and tighten set screws on bearings and sprockets.
o Check oil level in gearboxes.
o Tighten mounting bolts on motors and bearings.
o Inspect and clean pulleys.
o Lubricate chains and adjust to correct tension.
o Inspect and track belts.
• Follow daily instructions from Service Manager or Field Supervisor to dispatch, maintain and repair equipment.
• Safely use hand tools, power tools, welders, and equipment on a daily basis to accomplish tasks.
• Follow instruction and work safely around high/low voltage circuits.
• Use of conveyor belt lacer and cutting tool.
• Use electrical testing instruments such as but not limited to volt meters and Programming terminals to test panel components.
• Use of a “Smart Phone” or “Tablet” to send and receive emails.
• Track and maintain company tools and material.
• Maintain work area cleaning of field materials and tooling.
• Follow Company Code of Conduct and Safety Policies at all times.
• If capable:
o Weld using an “Arc” or “Mig” electric or gas welder.
o Operate Fork Lift’s, Scissor lifts, Boom Lifts, and other heavy equipment as required.
o Drive and inspect company servicing vehicles.
• Fulltime 40HR+ work week position.
• Ability to work overtime and weekends as required.
• Regular attendance and punctuality to assigned schedule.
• Ability to travel for several days at a time in rotation.
• Ability to work early mornings if needed.
• Valid driver’s license
• Must be able to receive and respond to after hour’s service calls when assigned to ASE call list. This may involve traveling several hours to facilities in the early morning.
• Be able to travel locally as required to perform work duties.
• Ability to perform tasks wearing required PPE.
• Ability to work well both as a team player and on individual tasks.
• Ability to use Power tools such as but not limited to a grinder, sawzall, band saw, drill, impact, skill saw, hammer drill, etc.
• Ability to use a “Smart Phone” or “Tablet” to send and receive emails.
• Personal tool set for repairs (List available).
Qualifications and Experience:
• High school diploma or educational equivalent. Technical schooling preferred.
• Experience working with conveyor systems or other industrial applications.
• Previous electrical and/or mechanical knowledge a plus.
• Clean driving record and the ability to drive company vehicles.
• Pass background, drug screen and E-verify checks.
• Experience working with conveyor systems or similar industrial machinery.
• Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
• Have a high regard and ownership for personal safety and the safety of others.
• Knowledge of other construction trades a plus.
• Organized and detail oriented.
• Strong work ethic.
• Self-starter, eager to learn and take on new tasks.
• “Arc” or “Mig” electric or gas welding experience a plus!
• Conditions vary greatly depending on geographical location and can expose employee to cold or hot weather and humid or dry conditions.
• Jobs are mostly indoors but can require outdoor work as well.
• Ability to stand and work for up to twelve (12) hours in a workday.
• Able to drive long distances to work and stay the night if necessary.
• May be exposed to locations at elevation.
• Tasks may cause you to work in awkward positions such as bending over frequently, working overhead, and working in tight spaces or on ladders.
• Work around and near high/low voltage circuits.
• Electrical work can expose employee to risks such as electrical shock.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Ability to stand for most if not all of the work day.
• Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs. in construction work environments.
• Ability to work in loud industrial environment when required.
• Ability to work in awkward positions, such us bending over frequently, working overhead, working in tight spaces or on ladders.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Use of vibrating and jarring hand tools, power tools, welders, and heavy equipment on a regular basis.
• Work performed can be part of a fast paced environment.
• Ability to handle deadline driven and sometimes stressful work environments.
• Competitive wages (based on experience level)
• Paid Vacation, Sick Leave and Holiday Pay
• Medical and Dental health insurance
• Life Insurance
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Paid Travel Expenses
All Systems Electrical is an equal opportunity employer and adheres to the protections provided by federal, state, or local laws to all employees and applicants. All employment is decided based on applicant qualifications and business needs. We maintain a safe and drug free workplace.
compensation: $16-$18 DOE
employment type: full-time
job title: Preventative Maintenance Technician