Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
We are looking for a service-oriented and dedicated individual for a part time Housekeeper job in Vancouver, BC. This role is 2 days a week, holiday coverage when the other housekeeper is away and any additional days as needed. 12 hour shifts (8am until approx. 8pm, flexibility necessary)
• Scheduled house cleaning / occasional deep clean
• Organizing and managing household inventories.
• Managing dry cleaning pick-up and delivery.
• Flower arrangement and plant management.
• Baking fresh muffins, scones and other pastries
• Putting together and reheating fresh seasonal and healthy meals that are prepared by the Chef (breakfast, lunch and dinner). Meals will be served and put together by the house keepers on the Chef’s days off.
• Table setting and service.
• Snacks preparation.
• Dishes, pots and pans cleaning. (when the Chef isn’t there and along side the chef when he is there)
• Pantry and refrigerator management. (this task is divided up between the chef and housekeepers)
• Taking the client on outings, to various tourist attractions or parks, appointments / meetings.
• Occasional chauffeur duties.
• Car maintenance; bring the car for maintenance, car wash, fueling, etc.
• Keep a mileage log.
• Working alongside other household staff.
• Answering the doorbell (control entries/exits), greeting of guests and visitors as well as answering the phone.
• Provide high quality services in a professional, courteous and accommodating manner to the principal, guests, staff and outside service providers.
• Occasional assistance with private and social events.
• Running household and personal errands, including grocery shopping if needed (as the chef does this most of the time), pick up/drop off dry cleaning, etc.
• Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home.
• Handling general requests as needed.
• Minimum of three (3) years similar work experience.
• Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
• Experience in hands-on household work and knowledge of all areas of property cleaning and organizing.
• Experience with museum quality cleaning and care for delicate surface, fine art, etc.
• Strong culinary background and have a passion for preparing healthy meals.
• Have some familiarity with Jewish customs and traditions (not required, but would be an asset)
• Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters.
• Flexibility in the working hours, according to the employer’s needs.
• Capacity to work long hours during peak season.
• Basic computer literacy.
• Must be familiar with the use of smartphones, Smart Home automation systems, etc.
• Flexibility to handle last-minute changes.
• Must have a sense of initiative and not afraid to ask questions.
• Can work under minimal direction.
• Have good organizational skills and attention to details.
• Have a strong work ethic and communication skill.
• Ability to anticipate the needs of the employer.
• Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Always keep a professional demeanor and maintain confidentiality.
• Be physically fit and able to reach and lift medium weight objects (e.g. 30 lbs to 50 lbs).
• Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
• Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
• Smoke-free environment.
Job Starting Date
• As soon as possible.
Please Respond by submitting/emailing your resume, a little bit about yourself and your availablity.
compensation: Competitive Daily Rate
employment type: part-time
job title: House Keeper / House Manager