207 West Hastings Street near Cambie Street
Looking for your first transition to an office setting? Gain worthwhile experiences with us. We are looking for an entry-level, office clerk position at our downtown Vancouver office. We are small (but busy and growing) independent company providing funeral and cremation services for local, national and international families. If you are the right candidate, this position has many pathways to grow.
The office clerk’s primary role is to provide simple day-to-day administrative support to general operation of the office. The duties include:
- Prepare invoices, receipts, letters and documents.
- Process IDs, Tags and Evidences for documentation and filing.
- Perform various data entry in Excel and other databases.
- Scan documents and prepare files for archiving.
- Print, collate and assemble literature (forms, brochures, folders, etc.)
- Perform some light housekeeping duties to keep the office clean and tidy at all times.
- Other duties that may be assigned to.
- High School Diploma or above.
- Fluency in English (verbal & written).
- Excellent computer skills: Word, (basic level) Excel, current browsers and Windows OS.
- Punctual, highly dependable, self-motivated and hard working (we are a high-volume, busy office. If you are looking for an easy job with lots of internet/down time, this is NOT it).
- Highly organized and detail oriented (our work environments are similar to combination of those of legal and medical offices).
- Follow directions and instructions very well.
- Willingness to learn and to improve.
- Respectful and discreet in handling confidential and sensitive information on daily basis.
- A ‘Can Do’ positive attitude and willingness to support other team members.
- Available Schedule: Part-time Monday – Friday: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. Preferences will be given to those who can work 5 (five) days per week.
- Wage: $16.00/hr to $17.50/hr (based on experience and skills)
- Bonus: Speed track to higher level position(s) with higher pay rate and duties for the right, responsible, progress-oriented individuals. Unlock more potentials with your unique skills. Please inquire further, if interested.
If you meet all the required qualifications for this position, please send your up-to-date resume along with your availability and professional references. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Thank you and Best of Luck!
compensation: $16.00 – $17.50/hr
employment type: full-time
job title: Office Clerk (Entry Level)