- Don’t miss this opportunity to take on a pivotal role with a rapidly growing organization
- Receive extensive benefits and a highly competitive salary of $18-$36+ based on skills and experience
- Enjoy working in a collaborative and supportive team environment
About Tribuild Contracting
Tribuild Contracting took on its first construction management project, a commercial office interior in downtown Calgary, in the year 1982. Thanks to our high-quality work and excellent customer service we have grown since then into an industry leader with a diverse group of clients including corporate offices, government buildings, and critical facilities. At Tribuild Contracting, we pride ourselves on our services that go above and beyond the normal offerings of our competitors by working closely with our clients to ensure that any disruption that could arise from working in an occupied space is either minimized or taken away completely.
At Tribuild Contracting, we’re equally passionate about the individuals that make up our staff and drive the success of our organization. Our excellent work-life balance and our culture are underpinned by our values of integrity, loyalty, accountability, and balance. Diversity and the different opinions, ideas, viewpoints, and opportunities it generates is also hugely important to us which is why our workforce is more diverse than the Alberta average and its why we’re striving to increase the diversity of our organization at all levels.
For more information, please visit our website.
About the Opportunity
Currently, Tribuild Contracting is looking for a Lead Hand to work on-site in Winnipeg, MB on a full-time basis. Journeyperson carpenters, labourers, and apprentices are all welcome to apply.
As our new Lead Hand, you’ll train under our Site Supervisor to support work on our projects that focus on critical facilities, specifically regarding chiller plants. You’ll work to ensure that our client’s projects are built to the highest quality standards and are completed both on time and within budget. You will help conduct safety evaluations, maintain scheduling, track and communicate progress back to the project team and client, while managing the expectations for our various sub-trades.
In order to qualify for this role, you must be willing to learn, with previous experience working with tools; experience in commercial/industrial construction, specifically in critical facilities, is an asset.
As our ideal candidate, you’ll be a highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills, the ability to ask relevant questions while taking direction, and an eagerness to learn and train under the Site Supervisor. You are detail-oriented, can multitask, and have pride in what you do. Your passion, your desire to continuously learn and grow, and your ability to build quality relationships with both colleagues and clients will set an example for those working with you and foster a positive and fun working environment.
Above all, you’ll be a dedicated construction professional that is passionate about fostering a safe and productive work site.
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be awarded with highly competitive compensation from $18-$36+/hr based on skills and qualifications along with a wide host of benefits including:
- Starting wage for General Labourers/Carpenter Helpers is $18/hr.
- Starting wage for Apprentices at $23.40/hr, dependent on the year of studies.
- Starting wage for Journeyman Carpenters/Lead Hand at $36/hr.
- Per diem, accommodations, mileage reimbursement and overtime pay available when travelling.
- Full benefits offered through Canada Life.
- RRSP matching.
- Flexible shifts so that you don’t miss important moments with your family.
- A Kindle Fire tablet for both work and personal use.
- An annual Costco membership.
- A company cellphone.
- Covered mileage as per Canadian standards.
- Full support for additional education and training.
- Opportunities to customize your role or learn skills outside of your traditional field.
- An annual corporate family holiday party with special guests and gifts for kids.
- Huge opportunities for career progression – we’re rapidly growing and we want our team to grow with us.
But that’s not all, upon joining Tribuild Contracting, you’ll be welcomed into a family team environment where we take pride in the work that we do but also deliver our product as friends and family. We’re passionate about diversity in our organization which is why we invite and encourage applications from individuals that self identify as a member of an equity-seeking group such as female, trans* (trans, transgender, transsexual, genderqueer, two-spirit, transwoman, transman), a visible minority or racialized people, aboriginal or indigenous people, people with a disability, lesbian, gay, or bisexual.
For the safety and well-being of our clients and employees, we require proof of COVID-19 vaccination before commencing employment. Accommodations will be made for those exempt from the COVID-19 vaccination, based on grounds protected by relevant human rights law.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to take on an exciting safety role with a rapidly growing organization – Apply Below!
compensation: To be discussed.
employment type: full-time
job title: Lead Hand (Labourers/Carpenters/Apprentices)