Fulton Street near Rockwell Street
At Las Santas-Gastro Bar NYC located on 572 Fulton Street, Brooklyn NY 11217, we are looking for Bussers/Runners and Servers. If you have prior experience in Mexican cuisine, it will surely be a plus.
Busser responsibilities include serving plates, glasses and silverware, refilling beverages and cleaning tables. If you enjoy a fast-paced way of working and want to kickstart your career in the hospitality industry, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will ensure our daily operations run smoothly and our guests have a pleasant dining experience.
• Prepare dining areas before guests are seated
• Decorate tables with candles, plates and napkins.
• Place tableware and condiments on tables
• Remove dirty utensils and replenish, as needed
• Provide special silverware sets to families with young children
• Clean and reset tables after guests leave
• Maintain health and safety regulations at all kitchen and dining areas
• Educated in the food menu items that we serve, be able to identify them at the table and answer any questions.
Busser/Runner Requirements and skills
• Work experience as a Busser, Food Runner or other entry-level role in a restaurant is a plus
• Flexibility to work in shifts, including weekends, evenings and holidays
• Understanding of hygiene and food safety rules
• Physical ability and stamina to carry heavy trays and stand for long hours
• Ability to multitask and remain calm and professional in a fast-paced environment
• Degree in hospitality or restaurant management is a plus
Server Job Responsibilities:
• Serves patrons with food and beverages in a positive and friendly manner.
• Provides information to help food and beverage selections.
• Presents ordered choices in a prompt and efficient manner.
• Maintains dining ambiance with an enthusiastic attitude.
• Prepares room for dining by clothing tables and setting decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates, and utensils.
• Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
• Helps patrons select food and beverages by suggesting courses, explaining the chef’s specialties, identifying appropriate beverage pairings, and answering food preparation questions.
• Transmits orders to bar and kitchen by recording patrons’ choices and identifying patrons’ special dietary needs and special requests.
• Keeps kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression.
• Serves orders by picking up and delivering patrons’ choices from bar and kitchen and delivering accompaniments and condiments from service bars.
• Responds to additional patron requirements by inquiring of needs and observing dining process.
• Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed, replenishing utensils, refilling water glasses, and being alert to patron spills or other special needs.
• Concludes dining experience by acknowledging choice of restaurant and inviting patrons to return.
• Obtains revenues by totaling charges, issuing bills, accepting payments, delivering bills and payments to host, and returning change or credit card and signature slip to patrons.
Server Qualifications / Skills:
• General Math Skills
• Verbal Communication
• Customer Service
• Resolving Conflict
• Energy Level
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
• High school diploma
• Minimum 2-3 years of server experience
PLEASE SUBMIT A COPY OF YOUR RESUME, WE WILL CALL YOU TO ORGANIZE FOR AN INTERVIEW IF YOU MEET OUR NEEDS.
compensation: Full-time gig with very good pay.
employment type: full-time
job title: Bussers/Runner and Servers