50th near Penn Avenue
Broders’ is not your typical restaurant workplace! Our culture is built first and foremost around caring for ourselves and each other. We are taking old school restaurant command and control style leadership and turning it on its head. As we build towards this vision, we want to meet like minded individuals to share leadership with. If you are passionate about learning, and want to be a part of a revolutionary hospitality culture, we want to get to know you. We are always growing and creating new opportunities for current and future employees.
Broders’ Pasta Bar has been serving house made and quality imported pastas and risottos since 1994, focusing both on Italian regional traditions as well as seasonal and local ingredients. We source from Midwest farms and grow vegetables on-site but really, it’s about the pasta. Molly and Tom Broder opened the Pasta Bar – to cook the pasta they were selling the way it was meant to be: fresh, al dente, perfectly sauced and thoughtfully executed.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
As a Kitchen Team Lead at Broders Pasta Bar, your top priorities will be to ensure the kitchen consistently delivers a quality product and upholds standards of cleanliness and organization. The role requires the ability to set up and execute systems, delegate tasks to team members and work effectively with people to achieve a common goal.
RESPONSIBILITIES + DUTIES + PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES
● Monitor food preparation + ensure quality on a daily basis
● Deeply understand the menu + product utilization
● Create menu specials daily + communicate with team members to execute
● Collaborate + communicate with FOH leads to achieve desired common goals
● Organize prep lists daily to set team up for success
● Uphold the highest standards for cleanliness + organization at all times
● Excellent emotional self awareness under pressure + maintaining the ability to communicate clearly
● Possess an attitude and drive to learn, grow, and develop to become a better version of yourself through working with us.
● Work closely with BCI team members to ensure their growth, development and success
● Be able and willing to stand for long periods on hard surfaces
● Be able to lift and move heavy (40lb +) supplies throughout the day
BENEFITS + PERKS
We offer the following benefits to our team members
● Discounts on food, beverages, and all products.
● Health and Dental insurance
● Employee Assistance Program are available to all full-time employees
● Volunteer pay
● Exceptional hospitality
● Commitment to quality food
● Caring for each other and our community
● Innovation through growth + change
● Efficiency + Productivity
● Respect each other
● Personal well being
The safety of our team, our guests and community comes first. Broders’ Restaurants has in place a robust COVID-19 response plan to address We are diligent about maintaining a safe and secure environment for our team members and guests. We currently require that all of our team members wear masks while working.
compensation: $20 hourly + 5% Revenue Share
employment type: full-time
job title: Kitchen Lead