Houdini Inc., based in Fullerton, CA, is looking for a Production Manager to join the team. This is a full-time, permanent role with benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K options).
You can apply by replying to this post with a copy of your resume and contact information or you can apply online via our Indeed page here: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Houdini%20Inc.&l=Fullerton%2C%20CA&from=searchOnHP&vjk=119510cf934279eb&advn=9705361509170918
The full job description is available on Indeed.
Overview of Job Description:
Responsible for all aspects of managing the Production Department, with a daily focus on: Production processes with a emphasis on QCD (Quality, Cost, Delivery), Daily supervision of all direct and indirect personnel in the production processes, Development and building of effective production work teams, Managing and reporting of Attendance / Direct Labor Utilization / Cost Variances on a daily processing level, compliance with all Corporate Safety, Quality and Social Distancing assurance guidelines, assist with development, implementation and evaluation of departmental goals and objectives associated with direct reports and work teams.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Direct, execute daily and seasonal production workflow with emphasis on efficiency of work order planning at the line levels.
• Must meet daily, monthly, yearly schedules per the MRP / Spreadsheets / PO requirements.
• Participate in pre-planning tasks and monitor support activities (label production, kit readiness activity, etc.) required to maintain constant work flow in the production environment.
• Work closely with the Director of Production on development, implementation and analysis of labor standards and time studies of all production processes. Drive direct reports systematically to complete by yearend on all Houdini / WCGB products.
• Lead, participate, analyze with direct reports Line Balancing processes – based on established standards with the correct number of personnel to run a production line by product type. Ensure that direct reports are managing personnel excesses timely and report daily to Director of Production through spreadsheet processes any variances or loan out of personnel to various organizations.
• Supervision of all direct reports of the production teams throughout all of the production processes.
• Lead planning and execution of staffing decisions for the Production processes daily for maximum efficiency of each shift requirements for production runs based on Line balancing decisions. Overall monitoring and recommendations for approval to upper management of production staffing levels based on seasonal needs and the organizational charts for seasonal start up and keeping personnel levels prescribed levels as season progresses.
• Help with development of training programs, implementation and on-going development of the direct staff and production teams.
• Help with the development, training and oversight of line balancing processes at the direct and indirect report levels.
• Assist the Director of Production in supplying, monitoring and execution of the Production Department budgets, including reconciling and reporting labor analysis with actual payroll bi-weekly with the VP of Operations, and attending periodic budget reviews as required by seasonal needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
•Read English give and receive directions effectively, work well under pressure. Model and promote the Company Values and Philosophy, as well as Quality Leadership Skills – including the ability to effectively communicate, coach / train, develop individuals and work teams, resolve conflicts within direct staff and work groups. Must be organized, must have demonstrated ability to meet objectives within time sensitive deadlines with outstanding follow-through.
• Production Products, Solid knowledge of how manufacturing, customer service and physical distribution processes and functions interrelate, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• All Products by item number, size, weight, color, brand, and design.
• Advanced Microsoft office products knowledge such as: Word, Excel, and Outlook
• JIT, Kazan, Lean Manufacturing techniques, Time Management (routing, time studies, etc) related to engineering and manufacturing processes.
• Bar code processes
• High School graduate, College graduate desired with emphasis in business or engineering but not necessary or equivalent experience in manufacturing environment with emphasis in / on Engineering processes.
• Proven history in Manufacturing, Production Processes with emphasis on engineering processes.
employment type: full-time
job title: Production Manager