Hiring Immediately: Grill Cooks & Lead Line Cooks
[Starting Pay: $18-$19 + TIPS + Opportunities for Growth]
HIRING DAY TOMORROW!!
DATE: Monday May 23rd
TIME: Come anytime between 10:00-12:00pm
LOCATION: DIG on 4th (127 4th Ave NY, NY 10003)
About DIG on 4th:
DIG on 4th is a neighborhood restaurant, brought to you by DIG Food Group, where our vegetable-forward dishes are served in a slightly different way. We aim to serve timeless food that is both surprising and familiar.
• Manage your prep list and communicate with your Sous Chefs and Chef on food inventory, daily mise, and ensuring the walk-ins are fully-stocked and organized.
• Properly execute our ever changing menu.
• Own restaurant cleanliness by setting up the opening shift for success and closing with confidence that the team is prepared for the next day.
• Follow all health department standards and always seek ways to help the kitchen run in a more organized, clean, and efficient way.
• Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
• Work with a fast-paced environment, communicating with your team and your leadership to ensure culinary excellence at all times.
• Demonstrate professional maturity, a team-first approach, and hospitality in all your decisions.
• Have the opportunity to influence our menu and create dishes as we continue to grow and evolve.
• 2+ years of line cook experience in a fast-paced, full-service, and up-scale dining restaurant.
• Great team dynamic and ability to maintain positive attitude during high intensity experiences.
• Strong work ethic with dedication to the highest standards of quality.
• Effective team communication skills.
• A can-do attitude and the willingness to pitch in to help the team whenever necessary.
• The ability to perform physical requirements of the position (lift up to 50lbs).
• Food Safety Certification, preferred.
• A passion for real, good food.
**This is not a full job description. Please refer to our company website to see all the details of the position.**
compensation: pay is hourly between $18-$19/hr depending on experience.
employment type: full-time
job title: Chef-in-Training