Income Property Management has been a leader in the property management field in Oregon and Washington for over 45 years. A large part of our success is due to the important contributions made by our corporate staff. We strive to recognize their dedication and reward excellence. Two key indicators of this methodology are the number of long-term corporate staff we employ and specifically the large number of tenured accountants on our team. Currently, the average tenure of our Portfolio Accountants is 15 years.
We are in search of a full time Property Management Accountant who has experience performing full accounting functions for a portfolio of apartment communities. Strong communication and attention to detail are essential in this position. Experience with Yardi or Skyline software is a plus. Workdays are Monday to Friday with office hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. The pay rate for this position ranges from $26.00 to $32.00 an hour (DOE). A $1,000 signing bonus after six months of employment is also offered.
• Process daily deposits, entering AP
• Create deposit detail, cash receipt journals, file paper documentation
• Processing move-ins/move-outs
• Client monthly billing
• Bi-monthly check runs
• Generate monthly financials and accounting reports
• Monthly account reconciliations
• Working with site managers and accounting assistant
• Previous experience working in property management accounting.
• Degree or equivalent experience in accounting.
• Yardi or SKYLINE experience is a plus.
• Strong computer skills — proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
• Knowledge in databases, spreadsheets, analytical software
• Ability to multi-task, meet frequent deadlines, prioritize, and have strong organization, time management, and problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Comfortable communicating with clients, vendors, and coworkers.
• Self directed and high attention to detail
We offer a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, AFLAC supplemental insurance, a flexible spending medical savings account, and a 401k with company match. We also provide sick, vacation, and holiday time off with pay.
A pre-employment background check and drug screen are required on all final candidates.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/ for additional information.
Income Property Management provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
compensation: $26 to $32 an hour (DOE). PLUS A $1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS AFTER SIX MONTHS!
employment type: full-time
job title: Property Accountant