(Merrifield / Fairfax VA)
8500 Lee Hwy near Prosperity Ave
Luxury furniture showroom and interior design studio is looking for an experienced Operations and Administrative Professional to join our team. Fun, relaxed environment working independently within a small team.
We are seeking a self-starter with leadership skills. You will have the opportunity to work independently and be responsible for the overall operations of the company. The ideal candidate must have prior experience in operations and customer service, any accounting experience is a plus. Required technical skills include the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
· Prior management or operations experience in a small business for at least 5 years.
· To be Personable and Collaborative, the successful candidate will interact with customers, staff, vendors, and contractors.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Interest in Interior Design/Home Furnishings is preferred.
· Prepare and assist in the development of client invoices, design books, and other sales materials.
· Enter invoices and related accounts payable into Quickbooks (Training will be provided).
· Prepare monthly sales summaries in Excel.
· Maintain an aesthetically pleasing showroom experience for clients, ensuring all inventory is tagged and well placed.
· Client follow-up; track each customer order from sale to delivery, including tracking all pending orders and communicating updates with clients and colleagues.
· Process and record customer payments.
· Organize customer paperwork and maintain records.
· Ability to lift (at least 40lbs) of items on an intermittent basis as necessary on an ad hoc basis.
Salary commensurate with experience, please include your desired salary range with your application.
Job Type: Full-time
compensation: 40,000 – 55,000 per year
employment type: full-time
job title: Operations & Admin Manager