(1414 quincy St. NE, Minneapolis, MN)
Do you think teamwork makes the dream-work? Do you prefer a fast-paced ever-changing work environment? Do you believe tacos and margaritas make life better? If yes, … then Centro Restaurant Group (CRG) is looking for you to serve as our General Manager.
Why Centro Restaurant Group?
Food and drink with innovation. Atmosphere felt with energy, heart, and dedication.
Centro Restaurant Group aims to create fun fast-casual concepts that provide a welcoming and memorable experience for all guests while providing speedy and thorough service and quality food and beverage.
Our company values lie within our team and our community. CRG is devoted to fostering a fun and respectful space for our staff and our guests. We view our relationship with our community as symbiotic – when we nurture our family, our family grows and becomes stronger and thus, helps us better serve our community. In addition, CRG nurtures our team. We work hard to create an equitable, positive, and fun experience for all staff. We will invest as much in you as you invest in us, and are focused on not only having a cohesive and efficient team but in creating leaders.
As a valued member of our team your compensation package would include:
– Competitive salary based on experiences (up to $70,000.00/year)
– Medical, dental, and vision plans
– Retirement savings plan with 3% match
– Paid time off
– Opportunities for professional development and leadership training
– Opportunities for community service and philanthropic work
– Opportunities for promotion and bonuses
– Free meals and employee discounts
– Annual all staff celebrations/parties
This is where you come in…
As a CRG General Manager your core responsibility is to create and maintain a positive environment for both staff and guests. You will be charged with overseeing all Front of the House (FOH) staff, food and labor costs, and consistency and quality control for both food and service. Additionally, you will serve as an integral part of the CRG team and will report to executive staff.
Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
1) Supervision: Responsible for the supervision of all FOH staff, including but not limited to assisting with training, performance evaluations, goal-setting, task management, and discipline. Enact supervision through mentorship and coaching. Keep a pulse on individual and group needs, performance and skill gaps, and successes. Oversee the FOH schedule and shift cuts.
2) Guest Experience: Oversee the whole guest experience. Responsible for restaurant ambience, specifically music selection and volume, and restaurant lighting. Educate and supervise all FOH staff on guest interactions. Serve as the lead in resolving guest complaints. Acquire a deep understanding of the online ordering system and menu items to successfully guide guests through the ordering process.
3) Quality & Control: Assist in the management of quality and consistency control in food and beverage; in addition to service; including but not limited to both in-house and take-out orders. Implement CRG company-wide and Centro & Viv!r specific policies, procedures, and systems. Work closely with BOH management to ensure safety and sanitation standards for the whole restaurant. Responsible for food and labor cost control and implementing solutions to decrease costs and increase revenue.
4) Leadership: Attend and lead monthly management meetings. Attend and participate in other executive team and management meetings when necessary. Work closely with the executive team to continue employee learning and development.
What You’ll Bring
– 2+ years of management experience
– Supervision and mentorship skills
– The ability to work both autonomously and as a team
– A thirst to learn, develop oneself, and an openness to constructive criticism
– Experience working with diverse teams
– Preference for candidates with the ability to speak conversational
– Commitment to CRG’s mission and values
Centro Restaurant Group is an equal opportunity employer
We value diversity, inclusion and belonging at Centro Restaurant Group (CRG). CRG does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, familial status, or veteran status.
compensation: up to 70,000/year
employment type: full-time
job title: General Manager