(Center City/Queen Village)
401 South St. near 4th St.
Looking for a bar back who can work with other staff members to ensure that our customers receive prompt, seamless service. Bar back will assist in cleaning the bar, preparing garnishes, ensuring the bar is well stocked with napkins, straws, glassware, garnishes and all other necessities, and taking on other duties to support the Bartender and ensure that the bar operates smoothly. You should be knowledgeable about menu items, attentive, and focused on providing the best possible service in a fast-paced environment.
– Previous experience preferred
– Assisting with opening and closing duties, such as restocking the bar with garnishes, straws, and napkins, ensuring the Bartenders have clean towels, glassware, etc.
– Ensuring bar is well-stocked with ice, liquor, wine, beer
– Checking taps and appliances to confirm that they are working properly, making minor repairs or changing out kegs, if needed.
– Keeping the bar clean by wiping down surfaces, sweeping and mopping, removing soiled glassware, scrubbing coolers and storage areas, and emptying trash receptacles.
– Learning about menu items and memorizing cocktail recipes
– Speaking to customers, answering questions
– Retrieving the liquor order and putting it away in a timely and organized fashion
– Putting away beer deliveries and maintaining cleanliness of walk-in cooler.
– Upkeep of trash/recycling bins behind the bar
1100 Chestnut St. Location and 4th and South St. location are both looking for quality candidates!
compensation: base + tips
employment type: employee's choice
job title: Barback