6911 Southpoint Dr.
Source: BC Hydro
Job Title: Application Support Specialist 1 (1 year FTT)
Job Number: BCH-T-8916-230116E1
Job Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Powered by water… and by people like you
Providing clean electricity to 4 million customers takes a diverse workforce and that’s where you come in. We need your talent to help us build major projects to meet growing demand. To help our customers find clean energy solutions for their homes and businesses and to be ready to respond during storms and outages to keep our system reliable.
Working for BC Hydro is meaningful. And now, the stakes have been raised as we work towards a solution to climate change while safely providing clean, affordable electricity to our customers.
We offer a healthy work life balance, training opportunities and career progression. We’re proud to be ranked as one of B.C.’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. Join us as we build an even cleaner B.C.
* To provide first-level helpdesk support to users on the operation of an assigned IT application or applications that may be specific to Business Groups or functional groups across the organization. Participates in the end user level systems design, testing, and data quality processes.
* Provides help desk support on the use of assigned IT application(s) and provides first-level troubleshooting by phone and email. Logs new application issues and user queries in the help desk management system. Tracks common issues and updates scripts and online help as required to build a knowledge base.
* Monitors and ensures application performance, quality and other standards are maintained; contacts and/or refers second level problems to higher level technical staff.
* Participates in the design and development process for new or revised systems and enhancements by performing duties such as: providing input on enhancement and change proposals; testing enhancements for functionality and operational efficiency and effectiveness; providing feedback and recommendations based on test results.
* Performs a quality assurance process to correct data in system; reviews reported system errors and ensures the standards and the accuracy of information are maintained; follows up with data originators for further information or to provide technical advice and guidance.
* Generates regular reports indicating the number of requests received for help desk and IT infrastructure support.
* Carries out specific change management activities as assigned, such as identifying users of a particular system and the extent and nature of their usage.
* Meets with outside agencies and BCH business units to gather information required to clarify their business requirements.
* Attends various user group meetings to keep current on systems issues from both technical and system user perspectives.
* Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties that do not affect the rating of the job.
* Completion of a Diploma or Certificate from a technical institute with a minimum of two (2) years of experience working with a large scale and complex application specific to a Business Group or functional group across the organization, such as McLaren, DAD, PassPort, SAP, SAM, ADCS (Itron OCE), MDMS (Itron IEE), where experience in the following has been acquired: application troubleshooting and correction procedures; quality control procedures and standards; problem escalation procedures; application design and development process; user documentation; and application testing; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
* Demonstrated proficiency with one or more computer applications assigned to the position (as determined by operational need), such as McLaren, DAD, Passport, SAP, SAM, ADCS (Itron OCE), MDMS (Itron IEE).
* Demonstrated capability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with peers, managers and external contacts.
* Requires a valid BC driver’s licence or demonstrated ability to meet travel requirements independently.
* Satisfactory performance on this job may require completion of BC Hydro’s Electrical Fundamentals within 12 months.
This position is affiliated with the Movement of United Professionals union (MoveUP/COPE).
* A condition of employment for this job is that you maintain the following requirements in good standing:
Driver’s License Type = Class 5
* This is a hybrid position requiring two days in the office, Tuesday and Wednesday.
* This is an application support specialist position supporting the following applications: PassPort,
SAP EAM, ServiceLink, COPs, DesignHub, and STAMINA
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by January 24, 2023
Click here to access the job posting or visit the BC Hydro “Current Opportunities” Careers page to view and apply for jobs.
You must use a supported browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari. Your pop up blocker will also need to be disabled for the BC Hydro Careers site.
On the BC Hydro Careers site, click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job. Please be sure to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and include copies of your certifications, if applicable.
We’re always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It’s an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We include everyone.
We act with integrity and respect.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
We include everyone. We welcome applications from anyone, including members of visible minorities, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at BC Hydro. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at Recruitmenthelp@BCHydro.com
BC Hydro has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires employees to have a full series of COVID-19 vaccine and provide proof of vaccination on request. This Policy is currently suspended but may resume at BC Hydro’s discretion. While the Policy is suspended, all new employees are required to disclose their vaccination status to BC Hydro.
Flexible work model role definitions
Our four role types identify the degree of flexibility an employee could have to work from home based on the type of work they do. The flexibility for an individual job is up to the manager for each position and the operational requirements. Employees also have the right to work full-time from the office if they prefer. All of our roles require at least some in-person time.
IBEW/Field – No option to work from home
Resident – Works primarily (4+ days per week) in the office.
Hybrid – May be able to work from home up to 3 days per week.
Remote – Works from home 4+ days per week
compensation: To Be Determined
employment type: full-time
job title: Application Support Specialist 1 (1 year FTT)