Newly renovated apartment community in Austin is needing to fill several maintenance positions. Multifamily experience required for all positions.
Purpose: This job description provides an overview of the experience, essential functions, physical and other requirements, working environment and non-essential job functions for this position at CAF Management with or without reasonable accommodations.
Experience: Experience in residential property management maintenance is required. Working knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, fire protection and energy management systems is required. EPA certification is required as well as other certifications/licenses as required by local, state or other regulations. Position requires weekend work and 24/7 on-call duties. High school graduate or GED is required. Basic experience with computers (Word and Excel), Internet and email, and other relevant applications is preferred.
1. Complete work orders in a prompt and efficient manner and submit to Lead Maintenance at the end of each day.
2. Inspect grounds as directed. .
3. Assist with hazardous weather problems, fires, floods, freezes, etc.
4. Report all property and liability incidents at the property as soon as possible.
5. Be familiar with, understand and apply safety policies and procedures for the property.
6. Become familiar with equipment operation in a safe manner.
1. Will need to be on feet (50% to 100%).
2. Will need to perform the following physical activities (50% to 100%).
Perform routine maintenance/repair duties such picking up debris.
Routine duties require access to upper floor apartments and interior apartments with multiple levels. Will need to climb and work off a ladder.
Push, pull or lift
Move equipment, appliances, and open/close doors, wheelbarrows, dollies, buckets, etc.
reach above shoulders
Perform routine maintenance repairs, paint, stock, and remove equipment.
grasp/grip/turning and finger dexterity
Handle maintenance tools (hand and power), nails, measuring devices and open/close ladders, perform routine maintenance/repairs, use phone, pager, 2-way radio.
3. Lifting/carrying (supplies, replacement parts, ladders, etc.)
Over 150 lbs.
Rare need (less than 1%)
Between 75 – 150 lbs.
Occasional need (1% to 33%)
Between 25 – 75 lbs.
Frequent need (33% to 50%)
Between 1 – 25 lbs.
Constant need (50% to 100%)
NOTE: Lifting and carrying of weights exceeding 50 lbs. is often accomplished with assistance from one or more persons. Examples of heaviest items lifted include washers, dryers, air conditioning units, abandoned sofas, and refrigerators. Wear Personal Protective Gear such as provided back brace, when necessary.
1. Constant need (50% to 100%) to observe maintenance problems throughout property.
2. Frequent need (33% to 50%) to complete forms, review reports and enter data on the computer.
3. Frequent need (33% to 50%) to observe areas needing attention/correction.
4. Frequent need (33% to 50%) to read cautionary labels, respond to written instructions from staff.
5. Frequent need (33% to 50%) to see things clearly beyond arm’s reach.
Speaking, Hearing and Written Requirements:
1. Constant requirement to receive instructions from residential management (33% to 66%), communicate via telephone and in person with staff, residents, vendors, etc. for the purpose of receiving information and or direction.
1. Occasional need (1% to 33%).to utilize personal transportation to pick up replacement parts and supplies from vendors.
2. “On-call” status requires travel to the property on short notice.
3. Must maintain valid driver’s license and car registration and maintain proper automobile insurance if driving a vehicle for business purposes.
4. Must maintain valid driver’s license if driving a golf cart at the property
1. Constantly outdoors, in all weather conditions, often for extended periods of time (50% to100%).
2. Constantly indoors in all weather conditions that may make the environment uncomfortable (hot in summer, cold in winter). (50% to 100%)
3. Occasional exposure to paint fumes, solvents adhesives, etc. (1% -33%). Example – apartment during painting and/or immediately during or after turnover. Employee must wear Personal Protective Equipment (N-95 Mask), rubber gloves and eye protection, when necessary.
4. Occasional need to work in awkward confining positions (1% to 33%).
About CAF Management:
CAF Management is a fast growing company that offers a competitive salary/hourly pay, a sizable housing discount at any of our properties, health insurance, 11 paid holidays, maternity leave and much more. Now is the perfect time to join our rapidly growing company with opportunities for advancement.
compensation: competitive pay- based on experience
employment type: full-time
job title: Maintenance Lead, Asst Maintenance, Make Ready